Saturday, December 22, 2007
Throughout the year I keep a notebook handy to jot down various things that I overhear.....movie quotes that strike me and the like. I'm not sure why. I just do. And when I look back on it sometimes I'm not even sure what compelled me to choose them in the first place. But spontaneous choices they were.....so I thought I'd share them with you......
I'd love it if you shared your own favorites with me........
So, in no particular order.....
THINGS THAT STRUCK ME THIS YEAR
1. "What are we supposed to do with that thing with all the words on it?" ~said to me by small child on second day of theatre class. She was referring to the script.
2. "The future is right behind us." ~said by small boy at storytelling birthday gig when I asked where was the future.
3. "Aye. Ye can say anything ye likes long's ye has a smirk on yer gob and a passable accent." ~Merlyn of Merry Mischief
4. "I'm not a big fan of mustard." ~incongruously said by small boy who was upset because his parents were late picking him up. He said they were having hotdogs for supper so I thought to cheer him up by saying pretty soon he'd have a big hot dog with lots of mustard.
From THE BEALES OF GRAY GARDENS
( I adore these docu-movies by the way.......talk about disconnect from reality....they make me look average.....)
5. "She said I was having a nervous breakdown and ought to go to Atlantic City. I'm not that broken down yet!" ~Little Edie
6. "I can't figure out if he's Jimmy or Pinky. Has he got one eye or two?"
(Off screen camera man) "One."
"Then it's Pinky." ~Little Edie
7. "I used to sit out here for hours. Then I found out it annoyed everyone in East Hampton." ~Little Edie
8. "It's the revolutionary costume. I never wear this in East Hampton." ~said by Little Edie while wearing an upsidedown skirt and a sweater on her head.
9. "It's a perfectly enormous cake!" ~Big Edie
AND OTHER VARIOUS MOVIES
10. "I'm sorry. But you don't know Miss Mayor Starks, son. She don't play no checkers."
"She do now." ~from Their Eyes Were Watching God
11. "Eternal damnation for one night with Cazenova? Seems fair." ~from Cazenova
12. "Be the flame....not the moth." from Cazenova
13. "Men. The most absurd of God's creatures." ~from Batman and Robin
14. "I'll bring the wine. You bring your scarred psyche." ~from Batman Forever
15. "Complications arose, ensued and were overcome." ~from PotC2
16. "I do want to know what it tastes like." ~from PotC2
17. "Sometimes the Road Less Traveled is less traveled for a reason." ~Jerry Seinfield
18. "Mister Darcy? I should more easily forgive his vanity had he not wounded mine. But no matter. I doubt we shall ever speak again." ~from Pride and Prejudice
19. "Dear, you cannot invite people to other peoples Balls." ~from Pride and Prejudice
20. "Are you looking for someone?"
"No, not at all. I was just admiring the general splendor." ~from Pride and Prejudice
21. "It would be most inconvenient as I have sworn to loathe him for all eternity. ~from Pride and Prejudice
22. "You have bewitched me body and soul and I love...I love....I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on." ~from Pride and Prejudice
And perhaps my favorite of all said by two of my elderly ladies while apparently discussing my hermit existence and apparent lack of man in my life.....
23. "Are you a 'lespian'?
"Of course she's a 'lespian'.....she does theatre."
And there, but for the Grace of the Goddess, go I.............
Blessed 2008 Luvs......pirate on.......
Monday, December 17, 2007
Again the Ghost sped on, above the black and heaving sea -- on, on -- until, being far away, as he told Scrooge, from any shore, they lighted on a ship. They stood beside the helmsman at the wheel, the look-out in the bow, the officers who had the watch; dark, ghostly figures in their several stations; but every man among them hummed a Christmas tune, or had a Christmas thought, or spoke below his breath to his companion of some bygone Christmas Day, with homeward hopes belonging to it. And every man on board, waking or sleeping, good or bad, had had a kinder word for another on that day than on any day in the year; and had shared to some extent in its festivities; and had remembered those he cared for at a distance, and had known that they delighted to remember him.A CHRISTMAS CAROL
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Please don't mess up this time.....
One (1) tall, hot, long haired pirate.
Must have love of sea, large dogs, take out foods, comic books, winter beavers, rum and pirate life.
Should be able to securely lace as well as unlace a bodice without undue fear or anxiety. Odor of sweat, leather and gun powder a plus.
IMPORTANT: Should have strong back and willingness to redundantly shovel staggering amounts of CNY snowfall whilst braving a blustering nor'easter with a 165 lb. Labordor Retriever standing in path panting like moron.
Idiot mittens and shovel provided.
Ship optional as I am desperate.
Addendum: Am willing to relocate with proper bucket boots and hair length.
Send photo of boots.
Friday, December 14, 2007
Captain Jax: "All right you Pirates! Ready to sing your song?"
Violet: "I'll say we are!"
Mad Peg: "Aye!"
Grayson: "Let's sing it now!"
Captain Jax: "Okay, Mad Peg?"
Mad Peg: "Okay!"
Captain Jax: "Okay, Grayson?"
Captain Jax: "Okay, Violet? Violet? VIOLET!"
Pirate Yuletide time is near.
Time for rum and time for beer.
We're not good don't be aghast.
Hoist the colors up the mast.
Want an eye from which to look.
Me I want a golden hook.
Steal some booty from your mate.
Please Yuletide don't be late.
Captain Jax: "Okay pirates get ready.
That was very good, Mad Peg."
Mad Peg: "Naturally."
Captain Jax: "Very good Grayson."
Captain Jax: "Ah, Violet, you were a little flat, watch it.
Ah, Violet. Violet. VIOLET!"
Pirate Yuletide setting sail
Drain your tankard of it's ale.
Pillage, raid and plunder too.
Sailing forth on seas of blue.
Want a treasure chest of loot.
(Violet:) "Me I want a bucket boot....."
The hempen noose shall be our fate.
Please Yuletide don't be late.
Pirates, pirates celebrate.
Pirate love and pirate hate. (Arrrrr!)
Wish we could stay here all night.
But British have us in their sight.
Now that point is rather moot.
(Violet:) I still want a bucket boot......"
The hempen noose shall be our fate.
Please Yuletide don't be late..........
The hempen noose shall be our fate.......
Please Yuletide don't be late........................
Captain Jax: "Very good, pirates!"
Violet: "Lets sing it again!"
Mad Peg & Grayson: "Yeah, lets sing it again!"
Captain Jax: "No, That's enough, lets not overdo it"
Mad Peg: "What do you mean overdo it?"
Grayson: " We want to sing it again!"
Captain Jax: "Now wait a minute, pirates...."
Violet: "Why can't we sing it again?"
Captain Jax: "Violet, belay that......
Mad Peg, just a minute......
Grayson, will you cut that out?
Pirated by Violet from Alvin & the Chipmunks Yule 2007
Presented by Captain Jax and the Brethern of the Inland Seas
Monday, December 3, 2007
Indulgin' in a wee bit o' Yule braggin' this day!
The Pirate Lady, Cindy Vallar, author/editor of the piratical PIRATES & PRIVATEERS monthly
newsletter saw fit to feature me own "A PIRATE'S YULE" in the December issue!
I am humbled.....and WAY excited to see my work in print!
Take a wee peek if the piratical Yule spirit moves ye....
or better yet.......stop by www.cindyvallar.com and puruse the wonderfully historical and fun articles!
Don't forget to suscribe whilst you're there!
But mostly......have a most grand and blesssed Yuletide season........
Fair Winds e'er and always.........
~Cap'n Mimi Foxmorton
Piratess, Th' Bloomin' Bloomer
Yes I know the clicky-on thing-ee is always missing from my posts.....
I am hopeless......
I have no other excuse......
I can only apologize......
It will not work for me....
It makes me sad........